True Appyness Winners
The following persons have been identified as winners for the month of November 2018 for using the mobile app to view, pay or download their bills:
- Nathram Chintaman
- Matthew Singh
- Shoneika Antonette Lewis
- Alaric Abraham
- Neil B Browman
- Sascha J Mortley
- Sharon Lalmoni
- Calvin Pitt
- Althea Melville
- Amanda Semple
- Daniel Gajie
- David D'Andrade
- Owen Greene
- Cecile Wintz
- Adele Mack
- David Melville
- Tonia Newton
- Sharon Lalmoni
- Abdool Karim
- Hilary Davidson
- Corinne E Da Silva
- Clifford Osborne
- Jamaine Thomas
- Karen Bannister
- Nathram Chintaman
- Inez Abrigo
- Camile Craig
- Chrishna Persaud Mangaram
Each winner will receive a credit towards their next bill for the total monthly rercurring charge, by Friday 12/28/2018.
Date: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 17:25
DSL Price Change
Dear Valued Customers,
GTT has tried to maintain prices of our services despite the increasing cost of running the business due to external factors. It is therefore with deep regret that we announce that we will be increasing our prices for residential and business DSL services.
We hereby give 4 weeks’ notice that as of January 01st, 2019 our service prices will be increasing. These rates will be reflected on your February 1, 2019 bill.
We at GTT thank you for your continued support and look forward to servicing to you in 2019.
Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 14:02
True Appyness Winners
The following persons have been identified as winners for the month of October 2018 for using the mobile app to view, pay or download their bills:
- James Mentore (Blaze)
- Horace Williams (DSL)
- Robert Shaw (Blaze)
- Sara Singh (Blaze)
- Charden Caesar (Blaze)
- Desomd Mason (DSL)
- Shaun Leitch (DSL)
- Indira Ramdat (Blaze)
- Ramnarine Bhagwandas (Landline)
- Allenia Harte (Blaze)
- Roy Dhanraj (DSL)
- Vishwapaul Ganesh (Blaze)
- Verai Ramdass (DSL)
- Hakeem Kareem (Blaze)
- Vonetta Reid (DSL)
- Donnette Ashby (Blaze)
Each winner will receive a credit towards their next bill for the total monthly rercurring charge, by Friday 11/16/2018.
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 14:39
CEO Press Handout 2018-08-21
- Over the 2018-H1, at any time more than 98% of our connections (landline and DSL) were working. With more than 200,000 landline and internet connections combined, we run at less than 2,000 customers out of service at any one time. Of that 2,000, more than 1,000 is out of service for 7 days or less.
- New mobile app is available in Android and Apple stores. The app enables customers to manage their accounts and is updated every 8 – 12 weeks with new features. This is a part of our “Easier to do business with” thrust as we continually improve our relationship with the public.
- In the last 12 months, we enabled more than 6,000 homes and businesses with the fastest internet in Guyana. Overall, we expect to be at more than 50,000 homes passed before the end of 2018.
- The demand for Blaze has surpassed our expectations. We have a waiting list of ~4,000 people.
- The technical team is pushing hard to reduce the waiting list and installing up to 120 connections per day. Each connection can take anything between 2 to 4 hours and the team is working Sunday to Sunday to ensure that we connect as many people as possible.
- Overall internet traffic grew 13% from January to June 2018. We expect even more growth in internet usage in the second half. Remarkably, Google, Netflix and Facebook account for more than 35% of internet traffic.
- Internet customers’ growth over the last 4 years stands at more than 15% compounded annual growth. GTT has a resilient network of 3 fibre optic cable systems to supply our country. In fact, for 12 days in March 2018, 2 of the 3 cables – a highly unlikely event – were damaged and the country was supplied with one cable. Even more amazing, is the fact that the single cable carried all the traffic for Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana.
- We are focused on delivering the best value to our customers. We are pushing hard to improve. Here are some stats:
- On a price per Mbps basis, GTT is more than 93% more affordable than the competition. This is even more remarkable given the fact that GTT’s statutory tax rate is 45% while a competitor pays taxes at 27.5% according to audited financial statements. On August 20, 2018 the GRA Commissioner General, Godfrey Statia spoke about companies conveniently using the incorrect (and lower) statutory tax rate.
- GTT’s value has increased significantly over the last 4 years as we reduced the price and increased speed. In 2014, the price of a 1Mbps connection was $10,000. Today, you get 5x the value for the same price. I cannot think of any other goods or services in Guyana that enabled customers to realise such a significant increase in value
- The value we deliver continues to positively influence the country’s multi-factor productivity. This is important because in reading a 2014 IDB study, Guyana was ahead of only Trinidad and Antigua and Barbuda in this space. GTT will continue to improve Guyana’s standing.
- GTT may not be perfect but an awesome team is being built. The company will continue to make decisions that are focused on delighting the customers and being easy to do business with despite the challenges. The company is focused on being the best place to work in Guyana by 2020 and believes that the journey is well on its way.
- GTT will continue to make a positive impact on the society as we build on successes on programmes like Innov8 which had more than 7,000 people pass through in March 2018 and Pinktober (cancer awareness) which had more than 5,000 people at the walk / run in October 2017.
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 16:13
Diaspora Rate Change - Bonus
Effective July 1, 2018, the BONUS qualification for the diaspora campaign will be updated.
- 2X Bonus- Double Top up on GYD $3000 (USD $15) or more, Monday to Thursday. Bonus valid for 3 Days
- 3X Bonus- Triple Top up on GYD $4000 (USD $20) or more, Friday to Sunday. Bonus valid for 4 Days
- 4X Bonus- 4 Times the Top up on GYD $5000 (USD$25) or more, Local Holidays, 15th and 30th of every month. Bonus valid for 5 Days.
- Bonus valid for calls & texts to USA, Canada & GTT subscribers
- Bonus is applied INSTANTLY to all subscribers
Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 12:29
Blaze High Speed Internet Phone Service Rates
With effect from August 9th 2018 local call rates will be as follows:
- Calls to mobile numers will be charged at one flat rate of $18 per minute + VAT
- Calls to land line numbers will be charged at one flat rate of $14 per minute + VAT
- Calls to Blaze numbers will be charged at one flat rate of $2.50 per minute + VAT
All for your information and guidance.
Date: Friday, June 1, 2018 - 17:50
Mobile Money Bonus Funds Update
Mobile Money is currently in the process of removing expired bonus funds from Bonus Wallets.
As a reminder, Bonus Funds expire after 90 days.
Customers who earned bonus with Mobile Money MUST use their bonus to self top up or sell top ups before it automatically expires.
NB: Only funds in your Bonus Wallet expire after 90 days. Funds stored in your main Mobile Money wallet NEVER expire.
For information on the Bonus Wallet, with full Terms and Conditions, click here: https://www.gtt.co.gy/node/90
We applologize for any inconvenience.
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018 - 11:02