Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Procurement Accountant to be attached to the Finance Division (Procurement Department).
- Completion of Level 2 ACCA is preferred; or Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field required; or 1+ year of related experience and/or training.
- Strong knowledge of financial record keeping, book keeping and accounting principles and practices
- Excellent skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Knowledge of Customs and Logistics would be an asset.
The incumbent will provide support to the Procurement Manager and the wider finance/procurement team by helping to ensure the integrity of accounting information by researching account issues for compliance and by establishing quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Performs accounting functions as assigned including, book, reconcile and report on accruals, inventory costing, etc. on a monthly basis.
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including "Budget vs. Actual" variance reports
- Assists with audit request (internal, external and statutory) as well as support the annual external audit. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
The successful applicant will receive an attractive remuneration & benefits package.
Applications should be sent by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “APPLICATION – PROCUREMENT ACCOUNTANT” or submitted by hand addressed to the Director HR, GTT 79 Brickdam, Georgetown, to reach no later than July 5, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.