Assistant Technician – Digital Switch
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Assistant Technician to be attached to the Technical Operations and Planning Division (Digital Switch Department)
- University diploma in Telecommunication, Electronic, Electrical, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Five (5) subjects (Inclusive of Mathematics and English Inclusive) G.C.E., ‘O’ Level or C.X.C.
- Two (2) years working experience in a networking environment.
The incumbent would be responsible for the effective operation and maintenance of digital exchanges and the auxiliary services for the switches to perform meaningfully.
- Checks and clears alarms and faults on the switching and internal line plant equipment at exchanges weekly to ensure the switching systems work effectively.
- Uses the work status to command the DMS to perform functions such as diagnostic tests of lined and hardware maintenance.
- Checks daily, state of standby point, radio, cellular (GSM), rural radio, transmission and battery equipment to be able to observe system performance continuously and facility checks.
- Receives fault reports from subscribers, records complaints and ensure reference is given to customer.
- Test lines from the Test Desk position or using the work station with the installation and Repair Technician in the field to expedite clearing of faults and Jumpering for New Services and Removal, DSL and Data lines.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive compensation package.