GT&T offers high-speed Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) service over customers' existing (copper) telephone lines. This high-speed (broadband) service is "always on" and opens up myriad opportunities for businesses and households to exploit the benefits which inhere in Internet access.
We offer a so-called "legacy" DSL service as well as our newer, regular DSL service, which was branded as "E magine." Our legacy DSL network has limited capacity and therefore the legacy service tends to be relatively expensive. This capacity constraint has caused us to emphasize the sale of services with speeds of 256K only. Customers wishing to purchase service with higher speeds on the legacy network are encouraged to contact our Service Representatives.
Currently, GT&T's legacy DSL service is more widely available that its regular DSL service. Click here to see the locations where you must reside (and telephone number ranges you must fall within) to access our legacy DSL service. Click here for a listing of the telephone exchanges from which your telephone service must originate if you are to access our regular DSL service.
- High Speed access burstable to 1536kbps
- Instant connection, no more bad logins, busy signals, waiting to log on, verifying username and password.
- Unlimited access with no time restrictions
- Flexibility to use the phone and browse simultaneously
- Access to a range of content and service providers
- Email address(es) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Customer Requirements for DSL Services
- Zhone modem
- Copper telephone line
- Standard RJ 11 wall jack for DSL cabling
- Ethernet (RJ45) straight-through cable
- 120VAC power
- A Personal Computer, with the following minimum requirments:
- 133 MHz
- Any operating system that supports TCP/IP
- 64 MB RAM
- 75MB of available hard disc space
- CD ROM drive
- 10 BaseT or 10/100 Network Interface Card set to Automatic (default) IP settings
DSL Service Prices
- Installation: Waived
- Activation: Waived (at GT&T's sole discretion)
- Modem: GD$15,640
Legacy Service: G$7,000 for 256K service.
The company in its sole discretion will decide where and when higher speed will be sold.
Customers are encouraged to contact our Service Representatives.
- Residential Standard: 1Mbps Burst, $9980
- Residential Lite: 256Kbps Burst, $4,999
- Business Standard: 1.5Mbps Burst, $30,000
- Business Lite: 1Mbps Burst, $20,000